A Fresh Approach To Great Results.
Charlotte-based Compass Group North America is the leader in foodservice management and support services. By combining fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent, we continue to set the standards for food and service excellence. Our vision for success is a powerful one – to continue to rise above the competition in every aspect of our business – from leading-edge technology, to purchasing, to foodservice, to catering and vending, to facilities management and support services. That kind of commitment commands only the best, and it.s our great people providing great service that generates our great results. In turn, it’s important to us that our talented employees be given the proper resources to achieve their fullest potential. Play a key role in our future success:
Morrison Management Specialists, a member of the Compass Group, is the nation’s only food service company exclusively dedicated to providing food, nutrition and dining services to the healthcare and senior living communities through its two operating divisions: Morrison Healthcare Food Services and Morrison Senior Living. With over 1,200 registered dietitians, 200 executive chefs and 16,600 professional food service team members, Morrison is actively committed to fostering ways to enjoy great-tasting, healthy food through socially responsible practices and superior customer service. Morrison serves over 800 client locations in 41 states including some of the largest and most prominent integrated healthcare systems and senior living communities in the United States.
Morrison started over a half century ago with the idea of bringing our retail expertise to hospitals. Today, we are an industry leader with national reach. We are guided by values that we call The Morrison Way: trust, team, customer focus, learning, and profit. Since the beginning, our strategy hasn’t changed…we achieve our goals by helping our customers meet theirs!
Regional Directors of Operations who work for Morrison Management Specialists have the opportunity to access the latest trends in healthcare foodservice management. With our resources and your expertise as Regional Director, you will be valued as you go through your day making a difference to our patients, customers, and clients; as well as influencing your team towards our corporate mission.
This exciting multi-unit position will provide both challenge and satisfaction while allowing you the opportunity for continued career growth. As a member of our regional management team you will have the opportunity to perform a variety of duties to include planning objectives for your region and ensuring unit directors are in compliance with corporate, regional and financial goals. Additionally, you will be responsible for the overall operation, growth and profitability of the region. Regional Directors of Operations exercise management and leadership over multiple foodservice operations in acute care hospitals with total managed volumes in excess of $20 million.
Join our team and be eligible for comprehensive benefits, tuition reimbursement, a 401K Plan, and many other benefits
- Plans and directs the operation of the assigned region in support the Key Performance Indicators. Develops common direction for the team. Sets priorities and makes team agenda and strategy clear to all team members
- Participates in strategic planning meetings to develop objectives of the division and assigned region
- Develops, recommends and implements policies and procedures of the region to ensure maximum income from existing accounts
- Supports the development and implementation of clinical and patient service programs that meet client needs, regulatory agency requirements and meet client, patient and customer satisfaction
- Acquires profitable new business and expands existing business within the assigned geographic area. Participates in the sales process for the acquisition of new business. Coordinates the development of proposals and contracts. Prepares and conducts presentations to prospective clients
- Conducts Team meetings with Regional Team Members to discuss current objectives. Prepares agendas and conducts training sessions and presentations on issues regarding quality, safety and human resources
- Develops and maintains annual budget for the assigned region. Monitors financial reports of the region to ensure budgetary compliance with Regional and Corporate goals
- Develops and motivates an effective management and clinical staff to achieve Regional and Corporate goals and make efficient use of human resources
- Visits units regularly to inspect unit operations to ensure contract compliance. Participates in C.A.R.E audits
- Interfaces with existing clients to maintain client satisfaction and account retention
- Resolves client, patient and customer satisfaction or employee related complaints which have been elevated from Regional Directors of Operations. Interfaces with legal and human resources to obtain procedures for various customer and employee related charges
- Conducts appropriate annual and semi-annual performance evaluations
- Completes all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in the corporate policy and procedures on a timely basis meeting all prescribed deadline
- Projects and practices consistent ownership attributes, which provide a high level of customer service at all points of contact
- Participates in Patient Visitation rounds with account management team during each site visit, ensures that Morrison Patient Visitation policies and procedures are followed
- Trains, motivates and develops management personnel to achieve high level of morale and efficient use of human resources
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to manage a team of six or more director level or above team members
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence at a RVP level
- Excellent presentation skills at the RVP level
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Health Care related field, or equivalent degree or equivalent related experience
- Proven ability to manage a team of six (6) or more manager-level team members
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in multi-unit foodservice management
- Experience managing three (3) or more foodservice accounts
- Experience with multi-unit foodservice management with a combined managed volume of $5 million or greater
- Strong track record of driving customer satisfaction
- Proven ability to work effectively in an unstructured, fast-paced and P&L driven environment
- Proven ability to mentor and develop team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
- Must be willing to participate in patient/resident satisfaction programs/activities
- Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) certification highly desirable
- ServSafe certified highly desirable
- Must be able to successfully complete criminal background checks (State nad Federal) and drug screenings
- Extensive travel is required in this position
Great People. Great Service. Great Results.
At Compass Group North America, our superior balance of efficiency and quality attract the highest caliber level of service our clients deserve. We retain the finest workers with a highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits plan. If you're looking for a career where you set the standard for personal advancement, then Compass Group North America is for you! Working together, we will continue to experience success as the industry's best.
Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. EOE & AA Employer M/F/D/V