A Fresh Approach To Great Results.
Charlotte-based Compass Group North America is the leader in foodservice management and support services. By combining fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent, we continue to set the standards for food and service excellence. Our vision for success is a powerful one – to continue to rise above the competition in every aspect of our business – from leading-edge technology, to purchasing, to foodservice, to catering and vending, to facilities management and support services. That kind of commitment commands only the best, and it.s our great people providing great service that generates our great results. In turn, it’s important to us that our talented employees be given the proper resources to achieve their fullest potential. Play a key role in our future success:
Morrison Management Specialists, a member of the Compass Group, is the nation’s only food service company exclusively dedicated to providing food, nutrition and dining services to the healthcare and senior living communities through its two operating divisions: Morrison Healthcare Food Services and Morrison Senior Living. With over 1,200 registered dietitians, 200 executive chefs and 16,600 professional food service team members, Morrison is actively committed to fostering ways to enjoy great-tasting, healthy food through socially responsible practices and superior customer service. Morrison serves over 800 client locations in 41 states including some of the largest and most prominent integrated healthcare systems and senior living communities in the United States.
Morrison started over a half century ago with the idea of bringing our retail expertise to hospitals. Today, we are an industry leader with national reach. We are guided by values that we call The Morrison Way: trust, team, customer focus, learning, and profit. Since the beginning, our strategy hasn’t changed…we achieve our goals by helping our customers meet theirs!
Job Description:DIRECTOR, ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES
The Director of Environmental Services is responsible for assisting in the overall management of the Environmental Services in residential retirement community. You will help manage the department within the established objectives, standards, policies and procedures, utilizing the principles of The Morrison Wayas the guiding philosophy in the day to day running of the department and execution of the job description with federal, state and local regulations. You will assist the director in being financially accountable for the environmental service/housekeeping department operating within the approved budget, while providing the Client with the maximum value spent. In addition, the assistant director will foster interdepartmental relations and integrate the environmental service department with the facility plan of operations.
Recipe For Succes:
- Maintain an environment that is in sanitary, attractive and in orderly condition
- Plan, organize, direct, coordinate and supervise functions and activities of the department
- Conducts regular management staff meetings and communicates with members of other departments to coordinate housekeeping activities
- Maintains the department in an “inspection ready” state at all times, assuring the department operates within federal, state, and local regulations
- Maintains excellent relations with residents, Client and all community departments
- Serves on community committees and professional organizations
- Insures that competency in the position is maintained by participating in Community Works and outside training programs, as required
- Follows all Client and community policies and procedures
- Promotes the professional growth and development of the entire team and the department employees at all times
- Implements change to the environmental service program that enhances the desirability of the community for current and future residents. Encourage and nurture associate creativity and innovation with the Community Works program
- Maintains appropriate security for all Client-owned property, supplies and operating funds
Perks: As a Morrison Senior Dining team member you will be eligible for comprehensive benefits plan, tuition reimbursement, a 401K Plan, and many other benefits.
- B.S. Degree in related field or related experience required
- Certified Healthcare Environmental Services Professional (CHESP) certification highly desirable
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of EVS/Housekeeping experience in a retirement or adult home preferred, depending upon formal degree or training
- Three (3) plus years of direct EVS/Housekeeping operational management experience
- Excellent customer services skills and experiences
- Experience with Federal & State healthcare surveys
- Experience with P&L accountability highly desirable
- Contract-managed service experience is desirable
- Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check (Federal & State) and drug screening
Great People. Great Service. Great Results.
At Compass Group North America, our superior balance of efficiency and quality attract the highest caliber level of service our clients deserve. We retain the finest workers with a highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits plan. If you’re looking for a career where you set the standard for personal advancement, then Compass Group North America is for you! Working together, we will continue to experience success as the industry’s best.
Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. EOE & AA Employer M/F/D/V